Call us Toll Free! 1-800-609-5530

Learn How to Buy Gold and Silver at the Best Prices and at the Best Times

Why I Am Supporting Ron Paul in 2012

by FTMDaily.com on November 23, 2011 · 12 comments

by Jerry Robinson | FTMDaily Editor-in-Chief

HOUSTON, November 21

On last week's FTMWeekly radio show, I announced that I would be supporting the Presidential candidacy of Rep. Ron Paul. Today, I want to list three reasons why I have chosen to support his candidacy. In the coming days and weeks, I will go into even more reasons why I am supporting Ron Paul. We begin with a look at Ron Paul's faith and foreign policy

1. He is a Born Again Christian

“I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate.” (Taken from Ron Paul's Statement of Faith section on his campaign website.)

Ron Paul is a born-again Christian believer. While that point is extremely important to me as fellow Christian, I greatly appreciate Ron Paul's long standing refusal to use his faith for political gain. Most Christian voters today are easily manipulated into voting for candidates who profess the Christian faith openly. Often, the actions of these candidates betray their "faith." On this point, I should add that my support for Paul due to his faith is not rooted in my desire for a theocracy. Far from it! I want government out of our lives, out of our bedrooms, and out of our churches, as does Ron Paul.

2. His Consistent Support for Israel and its Self-Determination

It may comes as a surprise to you to learn that Ron Paul is the most pro-Israel Presidential candidate today. Paul's stance on Israel has often been misunderstood in the mainstream press and he is often accused of even being "anti-Israel" due to his stance on cutting foreign aid. In essence, foreign aid is taking money from American taxpayers and giving it to bloated bureaucrats in foreign lands. Those who spread this disinformation fail to realize that by cutting all foreign aid dollars, Paul seeks to help Israel. How?

Did you know that Washington currently provides seven times more in foreign aid to Israel's sworn enemies than it does to Israel itself?

In fact, two-thirds of U.S. foreign aid dollars that will be handed out in 2012 will be given outright to Muslim nations.

If you are really a fan of Israel, you should ask yourself: "Why do those politicians who claim to be "pro-Israel" continue to give seven times more money to her enemies each and every year?"

The truth is, if all foreign aid money handouts were cut, Israel would be a net beneficiary

Paul also rightly recognizes that by providing foreign aid to Israel, we are making them dependent upon us. Foreign aid creates an entitlement mentality within the recipient country. But even worse, this economic dependency has also allowed American politicians to interfere with Israel's right to self-determination. On a consistent basis, "Christian and pro-Israel" administrations have supported Israel's enemies with foreign aid while not allowing Israel to defend her own territory from those same enemies when necessary.

For example, in 1981, when Israel attacked a nuclear reactor in Iraq, the U.S. Congress widely condemned Israel's actions. Not Ron Paul. He was one of the few Congressmen that dissented, claiming that America did not have the right to tell Israel, a sovereign nation, what to do when it came to their national defense.

So, if you consider yourself a friend of Israel, you should ask yourself: "Why should I vote for "Christian and pro-Israel" candidates that ultimately prevent Israel from protecting herself?"

Do you believe that Israel should be required to gain permission from the United States in order to defend her own territory?

And do you support the United States funding Israel's enemies with seven times more foreign aid dollars on an annual basis?

I do not

Instead, I agree with Ron Paul that Israel has a God-given right to self-determination.

Israel has hundreds of nuclear weapons. Israel has the strongest military and the most prosperous economy in the region. By allowing Israel to function autonomously without our consistent political intervention, and our attempts to create a Jewish welfare state dependent upon our own bankrupt nation, we can become an even better friend of the Jewish state.

Israel should be allowed to defend herself as she deems necessary.

Israel should be loosed and freed to make her own political decisions apart from the schizophrenic intrusions by the United States.

3. His Call for an End to "Unjust" and "Undeclared" Pre-emptive Military Actions

There is a difference between being against war and being against "unjust" wars. Ron Paul is often accused of being anti-war.

This is completely wrong.

The man is a veteran of the United States military and has consistently received more campaign donations from military workers than all the other Republican Presidential candidates… combinedAs a strict Constitutionalist, and a Christian, Ron Paul believes that war is at times necessary, but should only be used as a last resort.

I could not agree more.

War is an unfortunate side effect of mankind's fallen nature. Throughout the ages, those who have considered themselves to be Christian believers have struggled with the question of whether war can ever be justified morally. In the past, some Christians have turned to absolute pacifism, refusing to take up arms against their aggressors. Other Christians in the past have violently tortured and killed unbelievers in the name of God in a misguided effort to "cleanse" the world of sinners.

Due to the sheer necessity of war at certain times, Christians eventually developed a way of dealing with the question of when to support military action with the adoption of the Just War theory. In essence, in order for a Christian to support a war, the cause must be just, all peaceful alternatives should have been exhausted, and can only be fought to redress a wrong suffered. This is just a sampling of the criteria which can be read here.

Given these strict guidelines, you can easily understand the confusion that can surround "pre-emptive" military strikes, in which the United States takes up military action against another nation simply because it believes that it has a "just cause." This type of war has made up the majority of U.S.-led wars over the last several decades. To further complicate matters, war has long been viewed as a tremendously profitable venture by the less scrupulous individuals on this planet (i.e. central bankers.)

So ask yourself: "Have the recent U.S.-led wars been considered "just" according to the Just War Theory?"

Also: "Do you believe that the massive war profits made by the global elitists may have caused them to heavily promote military action as the only "solution" as often as possible?"

And if you consider yourself a Christian, ask yourself: "Since when does a Biblical definition of supporting and praying for the peace of Israel require America to pre-emptively strike nations without just cause?"

Also: "How exactly does a 'Christian' believer find theological support for a pre-emptive military strike when it is a clear violation of the 'just war' theory of Christianity?"

I have long been a supporter of Ron Paul. However, as we head into the 2012 Presidential elections, I feel that we desperately need someone who truly understands what is going on in our global economy and who has integrity. That is why I am choosing to support Ron Paul for President in 2012.

I will be writing more along these lines in the coming days and weeks.

_______________________________________________________

Jerry Robinson is an economist, published author, columnist, international conference speaker, and the editor of the financial website, FTMDaily.com. In addition, Robinson hosts a weekly radio program entitled Follow the Money Weekly, an hour long radio show dedicated to deciphering the week's economic news.

_______________________________________________________

FTMDaily.com
Our mission at Follow the Money Daily is simple. We exist to help YOU become a better investor and to teach you how to create multiple streams of passive income. We do this by creating and delivering innovative and useful content that is designed to empower you to achieve financial liberty.
FTMDaily.com
FTMDaily.com

Latest posts by FTMDaily.com (see all)

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Richard Marchand November 23, 2011 at 12:49 am

I am a born again Christian for the past 24yrs and I will not vote for Ron Paul. I do not believe he will support Israel completely. It is paramount the United States does whatever it takes to support Israel! The United States is never going to prosper again and may already becoming under the judgement of God for not supporting Israel. Ron Paul believes the best way to deal with Iran's nuclear program is to have our diplomats to talk with them, and that sanctions on them will lead to war. This type of thinking is dangerous and is why they are on the verge of have nuclear weapons. The whole Middle East is about to go apocalyptic, and I fear we are on the path of being more of a curse to Israel than a blessing. Jerry, I think you maybe putting money and the economy before Israel. I wish you would reconsider your support for Ron Paul.

Don Wohlers November 23, 2011 at 5:43 am

I have two problems with Ron Paul.
First, he can NOT win in the General.
Second, We can NOT be safe from the muslim brotherhood etc. with the attitude of "just stay home".
I spent 35 years, 20 military, traveling around the world and have studied the life of muhammad along with the koran, and the muslim faith is the enemy around the world.  Yes, many are coming to Jesus today and we have to support that movement, but we also need to be aware of who they are and their goals. Many Christian leaders today do not know or understand the koran.
I watched the debate again last night and I am really concerned about who can beat BHO.  But to me, that is the most important thing we have to look at today.  And yes, I do feel that our Lord is in control but we still have to be wise.
DFW

Jeffrey Calvert November 23, 2011 at 12:02 pm

You must not have seen last nights debate when Mr. Paul said that he would not help Israel nor bomb Iran to prevent them from getting the bomb.

Bryon Tilton November 23, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Ron Paul is sounds anti-semitic to me and I say that after supporting him for years before becoming a discerning believer.

gsa November 26, 2011 at 12:51 pm

A. "he can NOT win in the General." This is terribly misguided. I don't understand this obsession with replacing Obama. True, Obama is terrible. But it does us no good to replace him with another status quo, Keynesian, pro-FED, nation-builder. And that is the description of all establishment candidates of both parties.
B. He actually polls surprisingly well against Obama. Some polls have him statistically tied with him, which is more than you can say for most of the field. Think about it, he is the only one who has a message that could chip away at some of Obama's base.
C. Nation building makes us less safe. Pakistan harbored bin Laden for years and they had nukes the whole time. Lots of them. What makes you think Iran would be a greater threat than Pakistan? Oh that's right, we want to make sure Iran's oil is sold for US dollars and nothing else. Wake up.
Stop regurgitating Hannity and think for yourself.

bill November 28, 2011 at 12:18 am

RON PAUL 2012!!!

Lloyd Moberly November 29, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Jerry, I have believed inthe consistancy of Ron Paul for years. Now we have another problem right now.
Sen John McCain, from my home state of Arizona, wants an amendment to the Homeland Security Bill to allow the President to arrest any American Citizen and throw them into a Military prison without recourse. Bill of Rights out the window. What's the best way to start an Impeachment Recall?

Matt November 30, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Jerry, Thank you for having the courage to confront the status quo. The “Christian Right” has become FoxNews obsessed war mongers. How can you be pro-life and pro-war? Stop buying into the collateral damage idea that assuages our collective conscience from the hundreds of thousands of innocent people killed in our wars. Additionally, America keeps Israel on a leash. We are NOT protecting Israel. You must understand this distinction. You must also be able to distinguish between isolationism (which Ron Paul is wrongly accused of) and non-interventionism. Wake up brothers! Read books by non-entertainers, stop watching FoxNews and listen to Jerry!

Dana December 1, 2011 at 10:46 am

Jerry, thank you for supporting Ron Paul.  He is the only one who understands what is going on in this country and the only one who has the wisdom and courage to turn it around.  When I first heard Ron Paul I thought he was crazy but the more I heard from him the more and more I realized his wisdom.  He is the only one who actually has this country's best interest in mind and will not pander or cave to special interests or other corrupt groups.  I hope many will realize this and vote for him instead of the other war-mongering, welfare state supporting, wax figures who have no substance, wisdom or courage.  May God be gracious to grant us Ron Paul for president!

Terence January 19, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Thank you for this, Jerry Robinson.
Christians… please ask yourself what Christ would do. Christ is nowhere quoted in revelation, he has no comments about a duty to commit violence on behalf of Israel or any nation, but he has plenty to admonish us to peace and forgiveness and love. If you do not follow these ideals, how can you call yourself Christian?
"Lord, wilt thou that we bid fire come down from heaven and consume them?", Christ rebuked them saying ".. You do not know of what manner of spirit you are; for the Son of Man did  not come to destroy men's lives but to save them."
"Love the Lord thy God… and thy neighbor as thyself".
"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you, pary for those who calumniate you."
"Even as you wish men to do to you, so also do you do to them." [Ron Paul was booed for advocating a foreign policy of this Golden Rule].
".. and you shall be children of the Most High, for he is kind towards the ungrateful and evil. Be merciful, therefore, even as your father is merciful".
"Do not begin to say 'We have Abraham for our father'; for I say to you that God is able out of these stones to raise up children to Abraham" [this was an admonition not to feel special because of your roots, all men are special in the eyes of God].
"But why do you call me 'Lord, Lord' and not practice the things that I say?"

Mark February 10, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I am  Jewish American and I do not believe Ron Paul's agenda is pure.  The Hacker group just found emails and confirmed meets between Ron Paul and his Nazi support groups.  At the end of the day this is a small issue for those concerned with the Economy.  Our Foreign Aid is 1% of our Federal budget and less than half of that goes to Israel.  Also something to keep in mind,  All our Aid to Israel is Military.  They then take that aid and buy American made Aircraft etc.. Israel has a very robust economy and they do not need any other forms of aid.  But if America breaks the partnership.  Russia, China etc.. will continue to arm Syria, Iran etc.. This is a clever way for Ron Paul to slowly destroy the Jewish state