Below is our Swing Trading Performance Report.
|Date||TICKER SYMBOL||BUY PRICE||SELL PRICE||PROFIT/LOSS in %||PROFIT/LOSS in $||Time|
|3/14/2012||OPK||$5.01||$4.86||-2.99%||– $150.00||2 days|
|3/12/2012||LLY||$39.67||$39.95||+0.70%||+ $280.00||3 days|
|3/8/2012||BWP||$27.62||$27.12||-1.81%||– $500.00||7 days|
|3/1/2012||AMKR||$6.52||$5.99||-8.13%||– $530.00||24 days|
|2/24/2012||SFD||$23.45||$22.46||-4.22%||– $990.00||9 days|
|2/24/2012||ORCL||$29.25||$29.68||+1.47%||+ $430.00||16 days|
|2/24/2012||DNN||$1.99||$1.80||-9.54%||– $190.00||7 days|
|2/20/2012||SNE||$20.54||$21.64||+5.35%||+ $1,100.00||21 days|
|2/15/2012||CHS||$12.59||$15.01||+19.22%||+ $2,420.00||23 days|
|2/13/2012||BG||$63.84||$65.06||+1.91%||+ $1,220.00||17 days|
|2/9/2012||ADM||$30.38||$30.99||+2.00%||+ $610.00||19 days|
|2/6/2012||WMB||$29.28||$28.84||-1.50%||– $440.00||6 days|
|2/6/2012||CVC||14.62||$14.29||-2.25%||– $330.00||2 days|
|2/3/2012||RVBD||$25.65||$27.60||+7.6%||+ $1,950.00||2 days|
|2/3/2012||ATVI||$12.35||$12.14||-1.7%||– $210.00||7 days|
|2/3/2012||DBA||$29.16||$28.93||-0.78%||– $230.00||5 days|
|2/3/2012||FII||$18.68||$18.21||-2.56%||– $470.00||3 days|
|1/17/2012||ATPG||$7.06||$7.19||+1.84%||+ $130.00||8 days|
|1/17/2012||MERKX||$11.95||$11.93||-0.16%||– $20.00||39 days|
|1/13/2012||APA||$92.31||$107.14||+16.07%||+ $14,830.00||34 days|
|1/11/2012||STMP||$26.65||$30.83||+15.69%||+ $4,180.00||12 days|
|1/11/2012||CCJ||$18.90||$23.03||+21.85%||+ $4,130.00||9 days|
|1/9/2012||HLF||$52.30||$65.75||+25.72%||+ $13,450.00||44 days|
|1/9/2012||POT||$41.79||$46.02||+10.12%||+ $4,230.00||21 days|
|1/9/2012||GDXJ||$26.13||$29.24||+11.9%||+ $3,110.00||20 days|
|1/9/2012||RVBD||$26.10||$29.24||+12.03%||+ $3,140.00||9 days|
|1/6/2012||SLW||$30.10||$36.19||+20.23%||+ $6,090.00||20 days|
|1/4/2012||IAG||$16.54||$16.99||+2.72%||+ $450.00||1 day|
|11/10/2011||IAG||$20.99||$21.33||+1.62%||+ $340.00||6 days|
TOTAL TRADING GAINS BASED ON CLOSED POSITIONS (DOES NOT INCLUDE CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS) SINCE 11/10/2011 – $58,030.00
* Open means that the stock has not yet been sold.
Random Trading Notes
WMB triggered last week at $29.28. Our stop price of $28.84 was reached on Friday. Out of WMB with a 1.5% loss in 6 trading days.
RVBD has made us money once again. It reached its trigger price of $25.65 on Friday of last week. We sold out at $27.60. The MACD and other momentum indicators were flashing sell signals at me so I did not want to risk holding this one overnight. While it may continue higher today, I am happy with our nice gains. Out of RVBD with a 7.6% return in two trading days.
ATVI triggered for us at $12.35. It closed on Monday at $12.24. However, our stop price was breached at $12.14. Out of ATVI with a 1.7% loss in 7 trading days.
DBA triggered at $29.16. We were stopped out at our exit price of $28.93. Out of DBA with a 0.78% loss in 5 trading days.
FII triggered at $18.68. It gapped down overnight and opened at $17.81 the next morning. My stop price was set at $18.31 but was only "good for the day" so it did not trigger. I did this because I saw that this stock "gaps" up and down a lot overnight. I was able to exit at $18.21 on Wednesday morning. Out of FII with a 2.56% loss in 3 trading days.
CVC triggered for us at $14.62. I got stopped out at $14.35 and sold at $14.29. Out of CVC with a 2.25% loss in 2 trading days.
ATPG has failed to trigger in a timely manner. We may revisit it later. (ATPG – NO TRADE)
XRX is being taken off of the watch list this morning. I cannot make out any good buying points on the current chart. We might revisit it next month. (XRX REMOVED – NO TRADE)
DCM: Stock is not performing. (DCM REMOVED – NO TRADE)
GLW has not triggered yet.
HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD STOCKS
Each month, I will select a handful of stocks that appear to have a lot of quick potential reward with a higher than usual risk level. I rarely trade this types of stocks anymore. However, I still watch them for fun and so I share them with you each month. Here's my list for February.
AVL – No trigger.
HDY – No trigger.
CHGS triggered at $1.15 last Thursday. It is now trading at around $1.00. (This is a paper trade for me only.)
ARRY triggered at $2.87. It is now around $2.79.
Have a safe and prosperous day!
Below is the overall performance of our stock picks in our recent January Stock Watch List. Check it out below. Once again, we arevery satisifed with the results this month!
All of these picks were called on January 5, 2012.
– We called SILVER (the physical metal) a strong buy under $30. It has since moved from $29.17 to $32.20. (10.39% increase in 12 trading days)
– We called SLW a buy if it showed support at its 20 day moving average. It did and has now moved higher, up nearly $1.00 to$31.86 nine trading days later. (3.21% increase in 9 trading days)
– We called CHK a buy if it showed support at its 20 day moving average. It did not and so it failed to trigger. (Never triggered.)
– We called CCJ a buy if it could break its 50 day moving average. It did and triggered at around $18.90. It reached $23.03on Jan. 19. (21.85% increase in 12 trading days!)
– We called RVBD a buy if it reached a trigger price of $26.10. It triggered on Jan. 9 and reached $30.03 per share on Jan. 19. (15.05% increase in 11 trading days)
– We called MERKX a buy if it reached a trigger price of $11.95. It reached its trigger price on Jan. 17. Our stop price has been placed at $11.80. (Just triggered on Jan. 17. Four cents in gains currently.)
– We called STMP a buy if it broke through its 50 day moving average. It did on Jan. 11 at around $26.65. It rose to $30.83 by Jan. 19. (15.69% increase in 12 days)
– We called TEVA a buy if it found support at its 200 day moving average. But since it never retreated back to its 200 day moving average it never triggered for us. (Never triggered) (Our FTM Insiders have learned that I don't chase stocks when they are exploding to the upside. I have been burned too many times doing that in the past. We focus on low risk set-ups that are showing momentum with high potential returns.)
– I called APA a buy if it found support at its 50 day moving average by bouncing off of it. It finally did on Jan. 13 at $92.31. It then proceeded to move aggressively to the upside reaching$97.41 three days later. (5.53% increase in 3 trading days)
– I called HLF a buy if it could break through its 20 day moving average. It did on Jan. 9 at $52.30. The stock moved steadily to the upside and reached $58.26 on Jan. 19. (11.4% increase in 9 days)
– I called LULU a buy if it could find support at its 200 day moving average. The stock has performed amazingly well since we added it to the watch list at a price of $52.13. It is now at $62.25 in just 12 days. However, it explosive upward movement occurred too quickly for it too be considered a "low-risk" entry according to our standards. While I am still watching the stock, I will not chase it as many 'a poor trader' has been financially shipwrecked chasing "hot" stocks. (Never triggered)
– I called GDXJ a buy if it reached a trigger price of $26.13. It triggered on Jan. 9. It is currently at $27.16 per share. (3.79% increase in 12 trading days)
– I called POT a buy if it could break its 50 day moving average. It did on Jan. 9. A good entry price would have been around $41.79with a stop of around $40.95 (2% below your entry price). The stock reached $45.94 seven trading days later and is still 'in play.' (9.93% increase in 12 days)
– I called ATPG a buy if it could find support at its 20 day moving average. On Jan. 17, I refined my trigger price to $7.06 with a stop price of $6.91 (2% below your entry price.) It triggered on Jan. 18. and then jumped as high as $7.54. It now sits at $7.44and is still in play. (5.38% increase in 3 days)
There were four other stocks on our January watch list that I put in for those who like higher risk set-ups. These are too risky for me. I prefer the lower-risk entries. But for those who like the higher risk, I throw in a few stocks for you too! =)
– AONE… Up from $2.07 to $2.37 in 9 days (14.5% increase in 9 trading days)
– OSIR… Up from $4.53 to $5.61 in two weeks (23.84% increase in 12 trading days)
– ZAGG… Up from $7.80 to $8.57 in 9 days (9.87% increase in 9 trading days)
– SIRI… Up from $1.91 to $2.19 in 9 days (14.66% increase in 12 trading days)
New Swing Trades List – January 2012
SOLD 1/5/2012 for $16.99 (For a $500+ gain in ONE day)
UPDATE: 1/5/12… IAG rose over 3% today. We have made over $500 on this trade since yesterday morning. I am raising my stop price to $16.99 at 1:03pm CST to lock in gains.
Buy Price: $16.54
Relative Strength Index (RSI): 34.78 and rising
MACD Line: Confirmed by just crossing
Investment Type: Swing Trade
Stop Price: $16.29
Comments: I like the IAG chart. All signals point to this being a good time to buy in for me. I am buying 1,000 shares with a goal of holding this longer than my average swing trade. I will raise my stop often if the price rises as I expect. Note my tight stop of $16.29. This means that I have placed an order telling my broker to immediately issue a sell order if the price of IAG stock touches $16.29. This is the most amount of risk I am willing to take this stock in this environment. Happy New Year and happy trading!
Stock: IAMGold, Inc
Trigger Price: $20.99
Relative Strength Index (RSI) – 53.69
Investment Type: Swing Trade
Stop Price: $20.73
Comments: I believe that this stock has sold off to quickly. I expect a nice rebound and it represents the low risk type of set-up that I like. I am expecting a 5% return within a few days with a tight stop that will keep any losses that I incur small.
DISCLAIMER: While these personal trades are made available in real-time to all of our FTM Insiders, it should be stressed that Jerry Robinson is not an investment advisor. We do not make stock recommendations. Instead, Jerry Robinson is an private investor and enjoys sharing his trading ideas and performance with our readers. This is for educational and informational purposes only. Investing in the stock market carries risks and you should always consult a trained financial professional before making any financial or trading decisions.[/private]